With the absolute sea of supplements out there, the possibilities are mind boggling. After some research, I’ve come up with a shortlist.
- A good multi-vitamin with extra calcium and vitamin D since I’m not consuming dairy
- BCAAs – speeds up muscle recovery, promotes muscle growth and limits muscle breakdown. 5-10g with pre and post workout shakes or just added to plain water
- Fish Oil – reduces inflammation and risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer. I think I’ll try Barlean’s which promises no bad aftertaste!
- Green Tea Extract – increases metabolic rate, aids in fat loss as well as joint recovery
- Good quality whey isolate protein powder – As well as pre and post workout, I’ll have this as snacks in between meals or added to my baking. Still researching a good brand of protein powder.
Anything I’m missing?